Sunday, 8 December 2013

Digital storytelling at the Family Learning class

This week in Family Internet  class, I suggested we try out the storybird and piclits sites to write short stories or poems.  I had created a story myself to show as an example of using the artwork for inspiration.  I set up a class within storybird and set an assignment to create a story.

When the learners (children and mums) had a go with it, they found it fairly easy to use, I think.  Once the story was written, I offered to help correct English if needed, although one Mum was good at spotting her son's missed capitalisations.  The other couple were too quick to publish though and I missed the chance to offer corrections.  But here is their work.
By Salim:
 By Suad:
 By Arthemis:

It seemed like they enjoyed the activity, and I would definitely do it again with another Family Learning group.  The sharing facility would be useful if the creator wanted to work with someone else on the story - they can be edited at any time I believe.

1 comment: