Monday, 4 November 2013

Interactive text boxes in PowerPoint - tweakings

Just doing a PPT for the Intro to IT class, wanted an interactive text box.  But the default settings I got are for font too small, no Enter, no Word Wrap.
So heyho call up the Developer tab (right-click on Tab heading area, customise Ribbon, tick Developer box) and add text box control.  Twiddled with the Properties box till I found good settings:

Font - click ellipsis next to font name to be able to choose bigger font, colour etc for PPT slide. Size 24 - 36 is good.
Set EnterKeyBehaviour to True
Set TabKeyBehaviour to True
Set MultiLine to True
Set WordWrap to True

Then when you are in Slideshow mode (the only way it works!) you will at least be able to read the text you type in from  a distance!  Now I have to remember this when next I need it! (so I put it in Evernote too).

1 comment:

  1. brilliant. thank you. 'tabkeybehaviour' and 'enterkeybehaviour' - really helps!

    ReplyDelete