Monday, 18 November 2013

iPads at the ready - PowerPoint slides now "interactive"

Earlier this year I was asked to do a short workshop with ESOL and Literacy/Numeracy tutors about using iPads in their classrooms.  I used this presentation, which contains animations, links behind images and normal weblinks. Now that it's on GoogleDrive with view permission and edit permission by invitation, I could share it with any tutor who wanted to see it and assist in the review of the free literacy and numeracy apps that I discovered and installed on the iPads we used.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B313lwlnw4qSYUw1cmdIRklfblk/edit?usp=sharing

It was easier on the day to get the feedback on the reviewing activity using a paper version of slide 10/11 (duplicated so I could do a "2 per page" full slide size printout), but this way I could pass it on to any tutor who wasn't able to attend the original workshop and still wanted to be involved.

I've been adding interactive text boxes into PowerPoint slides too, and now that I know I can use pens for Family learning with the ActivBoards at NG and B primary schools, I can capture learner input over PowerPoint slides or make use of ActivInspire pages for using/creating interactive activities.  All depends on schools/centres allowing Flash use... And me revising how to use ActivInspire!  I did their online training course last year but as I haven't used it since, it's all gone.

I am starting a new course next week, Beginners ICT E2 ESOL, and that will be with a SmartBoard (I believe) so I need to check if the Treaty Centre tutor PC has Flash installed.  That would make life much more colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment