Sunday, 20 October 2013

Features for a training session on Interactive Whiteboard for colleagues

I have been asked to run a short training session for colleagues this week on using an interactive whiteboard. The same session is intended to cover training in our VLE. So I decided to run the content as for VLE training but to incorporate as many whiteboard features for them to practice with as I can in the session. (Whilst considering whether these techniques will actually help people, and not just be me showing off!) Wishing to avoid death by Powerpoint, I would like to use this as an excuse to do my first Prezi. Still hunting for a suitable background image, and storyboarding on paper before I start.

As previously posted I used eSurv.org to create a pre-course survey, I have had 11 replies. Wish I'd done the same for the questionnaire on VLE skills... I have created a Voki to introduce the session, again just to show colleagues that the tool exists.

. will be expected to send slides to the VLE for later use, so there will be some PowerPoint stuff done too.  Also I will export any Notebook pages created in the session as PowerPoint or PDF for uploading to the VLE.
Some time back I was asked to create some screencast tutorials for the VLE, at the time I only had access to Jing free software and a rather slow laptop.  I should really re-work them, but I know there are plenty of Moodle tutorial videos on MoodleCommons and Youtube.  Is it worth reinventing the wheel?  The only reason to say yes is to give me an excuse to practice doing screencasts.  There is Screenr but its output has to be publicly available on free version - not sure I want that.  Other suggestions, Martin?

1 comment:

  1. good combination of tools for clear purpose. voki works well and the survey is a good way of getting an advance look at bskills

    ReplyDelete