Monday, 7 October 2013

I'm being a learner again!

On the eTeaching course at Hammersmith & West London College.
We got to have a go with these tools tonight -
Poll Everywhere - for asking a simple question and getting a response by text, twitter, online entry.  Martin asked "why are you here?"   Bit like Socrative but even quicker?
Linoit - a colourful post-it style pinboard  for messages, links, instructions, notes, tasks, assignments etc.  Like Padlet/wallwisher but maybe more flexible?
Geogreeting  how buildings across the world can pass on your message!   Here's one of mine
DFilm or Dvolver - here's my attempt, introducing the idea of the pair icebreaker
And of course Blogger.
I can see me spending even more time than I do checking out online tools... Must remember that it's all about how the learners can benefit from using it!

The idea of using Linoit as a lesson plan tool is pretty cool though I would still have to have the dull old paper version in the course file too.  Ofsted looming...Not that they wouldn't be impressed if they happen to observe me but the management do want their pound of paper.  And I would have to be seen to be differentiating, assessing, setting it up so the learners are seen to make progress in 20 minutes and all the other stuff Ofsted look for.   There's a challenge!


1 comment:

  1. Ofsted made it very clear in their September 13 that they DO NOT require a lesson plan, only evidence of planning...I think the linoit does that along with the delivery and of course the annotated group profile...

    ReplyDelete